[Ed: All 7 Animal Alphabet songs can be found here. AlphabetAnimalSongsBundle]
This is the first set in a group of 7 songs to teach beginners the notes around middle C. I have a little pre-school student who loves it, so I thought I would share. My little student is so excited to be reading “notes on the staff”. I am using a lot of supplementary music to help him remember each guide note before we move on.
If you have a young child to use this with, just have fun with it. Don’t worry about keeping a steady beat, because my student can not do the motions and keep the beat. If you like to teach pre-school children, you will probably figure out ways to use this that will make your little one laugh and have fun! But because I can’t help it, here are a few ideas:
- It can be used with a small group around the piano, letting students take turns playing.
- The student can play the notes on a xylophone, while others do the motions.
- The student can “help” you make up words to the notes.
- The student can play and the teacher can do the motions, then reverse the process.
- Ask the student to teach the motions to his Mom or Dad.